Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How I Conquered My Tupperware

What is the deal with Tupperware/Rubbermaid/whatever else brand lids anyway? I'm convinced that the socks in my house are sneaking around with the lids in my cupboard and running around together while we sleep. Hate to cut their little adventures to an end, but I had to devise a trap.

The best part of this whole story is that it cost me $2.00 and a half hour of my time. SERIOUSLY.

First things first. Visit your local Dollar Tree pronto and get yourself as many of these little lid traps as you think you may need.


I know it's scary. I know that feeling of getting ready to open that cupboard and waiting for lids to attack. Try to be brave and let them! Pull the rest of them out along with all of the bowls, and take a few minutes to make sure every single one has a match. If it doesn't, TOSS IT. Don't worry about finding the match later, get rid of the thing for I am quite certain it ran away with one of your socks.





See they are harmless really. They don't like being trapped but they at least have each other. Every bowl has a lid and the lids can't go running around with the socks anymore. TOUGH.


I can turn this cupboard all the way around and not one thing slips out. This new lid trapper system has given me great joy as you can see.

Now go forth and conquer! (and don't forget the to learn that theme song!)

XXOO,

D

Are you organizationally challenged like me? Go to http://www.orgjunkie.com/ and check out her 52 weeks of organizing and get yourself in shape in no time!

This post has been featured on  Juliecashe, Frugal Playground, Learning the Frugal Life and Confessions of a Frugal Mind!

4 comments:

  1. lol.... too funny. :-) You have a great sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't those things the best? My lids and containers still don't match up, but at least my cabinets look good, right? Thanks for joining our Frugal Tuesday Tip this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I don't even know what they are! Lid trappers! :) Thanks Julie!

      Delete