Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I need a cake and QUICK for the BIG CHEESE.

In my little office we always celebrate birthdays by 1. making the person a cake of their choice and then 2. gathering together in the lunchroom to eat it. It's pretty much the highlight of the afternoon some days around here.

So here it was my turn to make my boss her big birthday cake. Of course I had not remembered this fact until I got home. I had to run to my pantry to see what I had on hand. Here is what I came up with:

Thank goodness for that Duncan Hines Amazing Glazes coupon! I hadn't tried this stuff yet and it was chocolate and chocolate is never, ever wrong. I adore sprinkles not only for the texture but because they make everything so instantly gosh darn cute. That's why I have this gigantic thing of sprinkles "on hand".

I won't bore you with the details of mixing the cake and getting it in the pan and in the oven...I'm pretty sure you've all whipped up a box of cake mix at one point in your lives. Instead I will take a minute to give props to my favorite kitchen accessory. Without this piece of equipment, I wouldn't be able to get a thing done. It helps me cook, clean, and hang around in there longer than I should.


My under the counter DVD player! I have been playing all of my old Project Runway DVD's for months. This show seriously never gets old. Here we are just finishing up the team challenge for INC where Angela is trying to put those horrible rosettes all over those pants! She was like the Wendy Pepper of season 3.

I guess watching PR got me thinking I could get all creative and I busted out some little frosting "writers" and tried to jazz up this cake a little bit. Cake Boss I am not. BUT-it's done and I know it will still be the highlight of the afternoon when we all gather to chow it down.

Happy Birthday to the best boss EVER.



I seriously need to put some batteries in my camera. These were all taken with my bony little phone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment