Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Me, Explained.



I absolutely love entertaining. That is, I absolutely love coming up with ideas to entertain. Most of the time I get so many ideas that I have to cut half of them because even if I did get them all done, half of them don’t get noticed, utilized, or eaten. I have learned over the years to go ahead and let my brain overdo it, but I’ve stopped writing checks my butt can’t cash. Sure I can try to kill myself getting everything done and I might even do it, but I am a completely crazy grump butt in the process! Not only that, I unfortunately suffer from migraines that always seem to creep in on me when I’m dealing with any type of event in my life. I’m starting to think that this isn’t exactly a coincidence. I get myself all worked up trying to figure out how I will possibly get everything done in the short amount of time my life affords me.

I’d say really in the last year or two, I have made a real effort to chill about it all. Now that doesn’t mean that I still don’t want things to be fabulous. That doesn’t mean that I don’t end up being a grump butt either. I most certainly do! I’m a working mom it’s bound to happen. I guess what has happened is my idea of fabulous has changed. I have realized that it’s not the perfect cake or the perfect menu or clever ideas for the party theme I’m after…it’s the smiles and joy that it creates in my family and friends. That’s how I show my love. That’s kind of where the idea for Chillmoms came from. You don’t have to be the perfect mom who remembers every single birthday and permission slip and detail of everyone’s life! What is this a mom contest? We all do things different. We are all wired different.

I wasn’t born with that “neat freak everything needs to be perfect at all times” bone. It’s just not in me to be that way. I used to think I was a failure when I would lose an invitation or forget that my child needed cold lunch one day and forgot. I know there are moms out there that do all of these things to perfection, I know a few myself, but I know there are also a lot of moms out there like me too. I’ve learned a thing or two from some of these “perfect” lovely moms (whom I genuinely love and admire!) and I’ve totally copied some of their God-given skills to make my life a bit easier. That’s what I want to share on this blog. I want to share their perfection mixed with my non-perfection. I want to help you throw a birthday that won’t make you crazy but is still personal and cool. Lost invitations? A total thing of the past. Want to add a little beauty in your life? Me too!! I will copy others and you can copy me and we can all feel fabulous again! Life should be fun!!

XXOO,

D

P.S. Much love and Mad Respect to all moms out there! Especially my own. Love you mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment