Sunday, October 9, 2011

Menu Plan Monday







This week is about frugality and speediness! We have conferences, dance, volleyball and soccer this week so I need cheap and easy! Wednesday is a bit of a splurge since it’s my one free night and I really try to make something REAL. J

Monday-Meatless Mondayspaghetti, salad & bread-I have to make two sauces, one NON-chunky version for the kids, and a spicier more adult version for the hubby & I. I usually add about 1/3 of a bag of Bird’s Eye pepper stir fry mix in our version and lots of red pepper flakes. (I always add a little sugar to kill the acidity and my kids lap it up...my grandpa's secret..sssshhhhhhh)

*Timeless* Tuesday-Pizza Bread-I use a big loaf of Italian bread and cut it right down the middle. I will use the leftover meatless spaghetti sauce and top it with turkey pepperoni (love the new mini’s!) for the kids and for me and the hubby I add jalepenos and roasted red peppers, sometimes pineapple or whatever the heck else I have lying around! I often have a loaf of this bread in my freezer for nights like tonight where my children’s activities keep me out until the evening. You can pop it out of the freezer and cut it and cook it just like that. If it’s a little too frozen just microwave it for 30 second intervals.

(hamburgers for the kids on the grill pan-although I will make them at least try this!)
Frozen Corn

Thursday-Crockpot Chili*       **Nick's Pick!** (that's my hubby)
(kids eat OUT due to double soccer schedules-oh and they happen to loathe chili)

Friday-OUT

*Nick's Fave Chili Recipe

1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 lb ground beef, cooked & drained
1 can rotel
2 cans chili tomatoes
1 cans kidney beans
1 can spicy kidney beans
1 can water
2 TB chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp each allspice, cumin, oregano
1 tsp basil
1 TB parsley
1 TB sugar


Put beans in food processor and pulse once or twice. Put in crockpot and cook all day.


Make sure you check out the Menu Plan Mondays on www.orgjunkie.com for tons of great meal plans, recipes and ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment