Tuesday, November 1, 2011

**NEW** Chillmoms Bare Minimum Lifestyle Plan




Greetings Fellow Moms!

In the past few years I have been fighting some real battles. Like most of you out there, taking care of myself has really been put on the back burner. I battle finding the time, energy, and motivation to exercise and eat right. Many times I lack the money to buy all of the ingredients for the healthy meals that I want to make, or if I have the ingredients I don't have the energy to make it! I battle feeding my children and their picky pallets that they were born with. I battle keeping my energy while working a full-time job, running my household, and keeping up with my children and all of their activities. I battle doing the simplest things for myself, by myself. Some days I battle simply keeping my chin up. Sound familiar to anyone? I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm not the only mom out there fighting these battles and more.

I can't count how many times I have come up with some crazy plan to conquer some of these battles. They usually start out with me getting up even earlier than I already do, doing some type of workout, eating perfectly to a T for the rest of my life, and going to bed early every single night! This plan usually ends with me smacking the snooze button after that first excruciating beep of the alarm clock which results in me feeling like a failure before I've even woke up. When I do get up, after getting me and my three girls ready and fed, lunches made, and journals signed, instead of that egg white omelet I know all the diet gurus tell me I should eat, I'm lucky to grab a granola bar on the way out to get the girls to their three different locations they need to be. Instead of sitting down and eating my healthy lunch that I did not prepare like I was supposed to the night before because I was too tired, I go and run an errand at lunch and grab a few tacos because what the hell I'm already a failure. I'm not going to waste your time telling you how this day ends because I'm pretty sure at least a few of you out there already know because you've been there too.

I have finally come to the conclusion that no matter what Dr. Oz says, no matter how intensely Jillian Michaels looks at me, no matter how much Oprah pleads, I do not have enough time in my day to spend on taking care of myself like I should. I realize that there are people out there with more kids and busier schedules than me that have this all figured out and are very successful at it. I am just not one of those people. I have decided that instead of feeling like a failure because I didn't work out for an hour and eat an all natural diet, I'm going to do the bare minimum. I'm going to ease in to it. Going for a short walk might not be as good as running a few miles, but it's better than not walking at all. Eating a smaller portion of what I've made for the family dinner might not be eating a plate of steamed veggies and lean protein, but it's better than eating two plates of the family dinner with dessert!

I plan on incorporating my Bare Minimum Lifestyle Plan in my Menu Plan Mondays (hosted by http://www.orgjunkie.com/). I will use http://www.livestrong.com/ or http://www.sparkpeople.com/ to figure out the nutritional info on the recipes that I will be making my family for the week. Or I might just share a nice recipe or snack that is doing the job for me or is bringing me some joy.

I will also be sharing how and when I will squeeze in 15 minutes of exercise and what types of exercise is working best for me. I will even share my experiences trying to find a little time for myself which is long overdue. After all, grocery shopping should not count as me time.

This isn't really about losing weight or fitting in to jeans for me anymore. I've battled with that long enough. This is about trying to find some time for myself so that I'm not running on empty all of the time, mentally and physically. I don't want to look back at this time with my kids and regret not enjoying myself a little more because I didn't listen to Dr. Oz, Jillian and Oprah just a bit. I know that as my kids get older, I will have more time for myself. This time in our lives doesn't last forever and everything I do for my children is what I want to do for them. I will get through this by taking care of myself doing the bare minimum. After all, it's still better than nothing, and I'm sure that not even Dr. Phil could argue with that.

XXOO,

Dannette

I am sharing this on Trim Down Thursdays on http://www.ecobabymamadrama.com/ & http://copingwithfrugality.com/

4 comments:

  1. This is by far one of your best blogs! I feel you on every level when reading this. Thanks for the info Xoxo - Alicia Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great plan! I know so many of us moms are just like you. And I too feel like a failure the minute one of my pie in the sky plans fails. I like your realistic attitude. Thanks so much for sharing with Trim Down Thursdays, and I hope you will link up again soon :)

    ReplyDelete