Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Please Stand By...

***Chillmoms has been experiencing some technical difficulties!!***


Sorry for the lack of posts but that is the truth. Computer problems make it a bit hard to keep up on your blog.

With the holiday I'm sure I won't be posting too much but here is something to tide you over because I know you've been checking every single hour to see if there has been a new addition right? RRIIIIGGGHHT.

I do not have to make a big turkey dinner this year or any year for that matter. I've always had to show up and bring something. This year, I am splitting my time between two families. It was requested that I bring my "yummy salad" by my sister-in-law. (it's about as simple as you can get, but sometimes simple is delicious!)

I am going to be with my dad's family afterward and I was asked to bring a dessert. Which was kind of shocking because it seems that there is always more dessert than there is food. So I'm going to kind of meet them in the middle on that one. Since there are a ton of kids who pretty much want to eat only dessert, I am making this incredibly easy fruit salad. It's really beautiful and super delicious. And hey it's fruit and you just can't go wrong with fruit. I'll probably spoon this right over my pie. ;)



I am also going to make a few of these FABULOUS cinnamon cakes* (that I have become famous for) and take them to my mom and grandma since I never see them on Thanksgiving. I am going to pick up some cake carriers from the Dollar Tree so they can just keep those as well. It'll be my way of showing how thankful I am to have them in my life. And when they take their first bite everyone will start talking about how FABULOUS I am!

*I do leave out the nuts as my family is not a fan

I will be Black Friday shopping again this year, although I'm a little ticked off that they are starting at midnight. Not a fan of the midnight openings. But I am at their mercy and I never pass up an opportunity to shop in the dark with crazy people.


Have a wonderful holiday and I'll be back as soon as I can!

What are your Thanksgiving traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment