Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Christmas List :)

I'm sure you are all wondering what a diva like me has on her Christmas list, right? Like obviously I would have to have a tower of fabulous presents under the tree to be happy, right?? Naaaahh...I'm a mom so the money usually runs out by the time we get to what mommy wants. I usually make my husband pick something out on his own...I'm just a romantic like that. I love making him when he thinks about one of the many things his wife has been obsessively chattering about all year and going out and hunting it down and wrapping it with his big ole meat hooks. This year though, I decided to do things a little different. There are a few things that YES I want and I made a very particular list for him and the kids. The only thing I had him do is go to Victoria's Secret and get me some new underthings that YES I need. I wrote down the style I like and my size and told him to let the little salesgirl know and she will show him the way. I now have a tiny little VS bag under the tree and the romantic in me is thrilled. :)

Put a big bow on this fella and I'll be happy!



So let's get back to the important stuff. WHAT MOMMA WANTS. (besides that hot hunk of fella above there)

Let's start off with my music. Anyone that knows me knows that I am a music lover...and I am totally old school. Don't you dare give me an Itunes GC and tell me to download the music I want...I want the CD in my hands with the artwork and (hopefully) the lyrics inside. I love my Ipod but it will never replace the real thing.

Thanks to Pandora and my "Killers" station, these are the 3 CD's I am asking for this year:

Flamingo (Deluxe Edition) -Brandon Flowers-don't be coming at me with the bony regular version either. I am a diva and I must have the DELUXE or nothing. Not sure what makes this deluxe all I know is it's better.


Sawdust-The Killers I love The Killers and this is an awesome collection of re-mixes of their hits 

The Resistance-Muse This album is always popping up on Pandora, and there isn't one song that hasn't made me nod my head.



My husband tells people I love EMO music. Whatever the hell that is. If he's not careful I'm going to start wearing black lipstick and critter hats.

Alrighty now that we've gotten all warmed up...on with my list! I am one of those gals that is always cold. I have a Snuggie, I have afghans, I have fleece blankies and I've been known to double and triple those suckers up on the couch. When I saw this awesome electric throw I knew it was a match made in heaven.


Now my little chilly buns has been living without a proper coat for the last 2 winters. Not sure how that happened but I'm pretty sure it was probably because I have three girls that have needed proper coats and I spend all of my money on them. Well this year I found this great Calvin Klein coat on sale at Von Maur. Since they gift wrap for free I had them do that for my hubby. I sure hope he isn't disappointed. ;)


I don't know if any of ya'll popped in to Target last Friday and/or Saturday for that little sneaky sale they had? It was quite fun actually because they had big signs hanging from the ceiling that said "SAVE HERE" and then you'd go over and see their little doggie (he reminds me of Spuds McKenzie BTW!) and there would be some fabulous thing 40% off. It was like a big fun scavenger hunt of saving! Well they had all of their hats and gloves 40% off. I love their selection of hats and gloves because they are always so cute, and with their prices if and when you lose that one darn glove you aren't as devastated. I went ahead and helped my hubby out once more and picked out this newsboy hat and these texting gloves. I could care less about the texting I'm just in to that neon yellow color. It's the Madonna fan in me. Vogue!




So that brings us to the end of momma's list. Not too hardcore, right? They are all things that I need but will also bring me some well deserved Christmas joy. Speaking of Christmas joy...here are some awesome things that my most awesomest friends in the whole world have hooked me up with so far...

Only a friend that knows you inside and out could pull off something like this. A few months ago I had seen the coolest sweatshirt on a Von Maur sale rack. Even on sale it was still thirty or so dollars. I was trying to be responsible with my money and didn't get it. I was telling Amy about it at lunch one day and told her that they had this awesome pink sweatshirt and it was all Flashdancy and I was kicking myself for not getting it. I had stored it in my head as one of those "the one that got away" items. I had almost (ALMOST) forgotten about it. So Amy calls me down to the lunchroom to open my Christmas present. I never know what Amy is going to get me because she always buys me very personal gifts as a good best friend should. So I open it and I swear tears covered my eyes as it was my flashdancy shirt!!! She had went and swiped that up and had been sitting on it all of this time. Seriously does it get any best friendlier than that?? I don't think so! I honestly don't know what I would do without my Amy Joy. Her eyes *sparkle*...I swear! ask anyone!!

Anyway, I couldn't find a picture of this in pink and it was super hard to find as it was, but WHADDYAKNOW it's called the "Contemporary Maniac". Yes I love the 80's and the 80's loves me.



I ended up getting her a Stila lipgloss set to match her sparkly eyes. As it turns out she had her eye on for months as well! I'm pretty sure we were separated at birth.




You know how sometimes your co-workers end up being like sisters? I have a few fabulous friends that I've made at work and can't imagine life without. I do spend more time with them than my own children now that I think of it! Well here are a few things that they have spoiled me with this holiday season. I love my gals.

Thanks to Connie for this very generous gift! She bought me hands down the cutest Scentsy warmer ever made. It's a giant cupcake and she even bought the Happy Birthday scent which is obviously like a big ole piece of cake. I was so touched by this gift as I am by my friend and her thoughtfulness. I love you Connie!



My work partner in crime is Miss, ok now MRS Carol Davis! Me n her are the ones always sneaking off at lunch for a power shopping trip and tacos. We love thrift stores and hit those up often too. She is always laughing at my diva ways, and I'm always trying to convert her. Truth is, I wouldn't change a thing about Miss Carol. She makes me realize how silly I really am. Plus she's so chill...except when she's sporting her warm Cuddl Duds which I realize I must've been outwardly coveting a little too much because she bought me my own!! She even got me the cute little stripey ones which I adore! Thanks Carol...wanna run? ;)




Oh and darn I took home the other things from my friend Mary (we are kindred spirits) and Terri who have been my break partners for years and years here at work. We love gossip but not as much as we love each other! Terri always finds the cutest little ornaments and frames and Mary got all crafty this year and made her own jar openers with little ribbons tied around them. Such a cute idea! Love you guys!!

I hooked everyone up with my Cereal Killer Christmas Treats that I talked about here. Here is how they turned out:





So that's it for now guys. I am such a spoiled gal. Spoiled with love and friends and some pretty darn cool presents too if I do say so myself. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

I will leave you with some lyrics from one of my favorite songs "Peace on Earth for Everyone"by The Sounds of Blackness...

"Now remember on Christmas Day/please remember,
It's not about the presents that are underneath the tree,
Remember to be thankful for the blessings that he gave to you and me/when you come togetha!
And all your family is near...just remember who has brought you through the years...
Joy to the World the blessed Saviour is here...let your hearts fill with cheer!
Let there be Peace on Earth for everyone...JOY!"


This post may or may not contain affiliant links.

No comments:

Post a Comment