Monday, January 23, 2012

Menu Plan Monday-Life Happens



This week I have a few extra things to do that I didn't expect, and two of my co-workers lost loved ones as well. Very, very sad. :( So I will be busy almost every evening this week. That's how life is, and when things like that happen it makes you grateful that God has blessed you and your family with another day to participate! Thank you Lord for all of your blessings!

My newest niece is also getting Baptized this weekend, and I was asked to make mints for the occasion. I'm getting with my grandma and we are going to rock them out. I will post the how-to on those as my grandma makes not only THE BEST mints in the world, but hers always turn out so beautiful too. I'm a sucker for pretty food I just can't help it.

So here we go with our MP for this on the go week!

Monday-Since my family LOVED last week's cheese cavatelli recipe, I am making it again...by request! I really try to make different things for them but sometimes when something is good you want it again and I'm fine with that because you seriously can't get any easier than this recipe. It made me feel like I knew what I was doing and I totally didn't.

Tuesday-I have a visitation to go to, Quinn has tumbling, Nick has to take Meredith to school to sign up for *gasp* high school classes, and it's family night at Subway for Quinn's school. Sayler is free so she is coming with me to grab the Subway in between all of the madness. Luckily it travels well. ;)

Wednesday-The mint mixture will have to be prepared tonight because it needs to set overnight. I will also have to go to another visitation. I am making Nathan's Hot Dogs with all of the fixin's. Nothing too fancy but we love these silly hot dogs and my grandma can eat with us.

Thursday-Mint night! Won't take long to bang these out with me and my grandma, and I'm sure the girls will want to help too. I love doing things like this with my grandma. I want to learn to make the mints as perfect as she does. She has so many amazing talents and recipes that I need to perfect! Besides I will take any opportunity to hang out with her, she's my BFF. Tonight I'm going to throw a good ole Tombstone Pizza in the oven with beautiful side salads.

Friday-It's just the hubby and I tonight so I am going to throw his favorite chili in the crockpot before I leave for work. Good ole crockpot I love you so.

Saturday-Groupon Roundup! hahaha it's date night and I'm using the rest of my Groupons for a nice little night on the town. Smashburger and TCBY is on the menu. Never been to either if you can believe that. I wonder if I can get my husband to feed me yogurt all romantical like?

Sunday-Homemade Taco Bravos....hope I can hold out until then!! Tacos are my CRACK!

Are you lacking cooking inspiration? Seriously head over the http://www.orgjunkie.com/ for her MPM...you will have trouble picking just one!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear of your co-workers' loss. It sounds like they will have plenty of support from work. That does help.
    Your menu sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaahhh how thoughtful of you, thank you! We are very close in our office which means the world when something like this happens. :)

      Delete