Monday, January 16, 2012

Menu Plan Monday! The Staple Recipe Re-mix pt 2


First a few updates!

Diet-seems to be going well. I don't generally like to weigh myself too often. My weight fluctuates so much that it can ruin my day. I use the way I feel in my clothes as a general rule and weigh myself once a month or so. My clothes are fitting a little better though and I have felt better overall so that says something.

Any dinner that isn't super low calorically, I just have a small portion of it. If I try to drive myself nuts making something different for myself and something to please my kids I will throw in the towel on the second day.

Vegetarian Crockpot Chili from last week was AWESOME. Seriously. No seriously! I have actually been craving it since I made it. It had the yummiest flavor. I'm thinking of making a batch to freeze to use for a quick healthy meal in a pinch.

The Potato-Sausage Foil Packets in the crockpot were good too, but I sure would've like to see what they would've tasted like on the grill. I have a feeling they would've been even better. Either way the veggies inside were lovely and they really filled you up.

*Meatless* Monday-Baked Cheese Cavatelli-this recipe is similar to one of my kid's favorite dinners crockpot lasagna...I'm betting this is going to be a hit as well!

Tuesday-Birthday Celebration for my Mother-in-Law! We are gathering at my sister-in-law's and ordering in Tasty Tacos (which are legend in these here parts) and I am making cupcakes and these Dutch Letter Bars. My mother-in-law (and everyone else in Iowa) adores Dutch Letters. This recipe looks pretty simple and I'm sure will be fabulous. Not very diet friendly but to turn down a Tasty Taco on a birthday celebration would not only be rude, but they would think I've went round the bend.

Wednesday-Cheeseburger Salad-I've been wanting to make this for a while. I love a good salad and I love a good burger...how can this be anything but delicious?? I first saw this in a Pampered Chef recipe book and then thank goodness Ree Drummond perfected it. Can't wait to try it! (For the sake of my diet, I am going to leave off the croutons...BOO)

Thursday-Grilled Cheese/Turkey & Tomato Paninis & Soup-I have a grill pan and instead of grilled cheese I'm going to try to healthify that option with some turkey instead.

Friday-***Family Fave***Tombstone Pizza!

Saturday-Crockpot Lasagna

Sunday-You are on your OWN. Ok mommy will help you but you have to choose something from the fridge. :)

Looking for some dinner ideas? Head over to http://www.orgjunkie.com/ for her Menu Plan Monday and get yourself some!

No comments:

Post a Comment