Thursday, February 2, 2012

Finally Got the FEVER

She gives me "FEVER"

Finally a reason to celebrate Superbowl Sunday! I have never been a football gal. I've never been a sports gal at all to be honest...my poor hubby has to hoot and holler all by himself in my house full of ladies. Not this year! Being that I've raised a bunch of little Madonna fans, we are counting down the days to see Madge LIVE.

So let's get this family Superbowl celebration planned shall we?

Ok before we get started, let me give you a few tunes to download to get you in the mood. You can listen to one of these four to get all your fave radio hits: The Immaculate Collection, MDGH1, MDGH2, or Celebration. Me being the ultimate fan, here is what my playlist looks like:

  1. Dance 2Night
  2. Devil Wouldn't Recognize You
  3. X Static Process
  4. Where's the Party
  5. Gimme All Your Lovin
  6. Love Song
  7. Like it or Not
  8. Burning Up
  9. Into the Groove
  10. Give it 2 Me
  11. Forbidden Love
  12. Honesty
  13. Easy Ride
  14. Spotlite
  15. I Know It
Ok now that we got that out of the way let's move on to the next most important thing about Superbowl Sunday...the FOOD!

I read that next to Thanksgiving, Superbowl Sunday is the next biggest day of food consumption in the U.S.!  I love days that give me a free pass to graze all day long. Of course this year I want things to be a little different. I do want to enjoy some yummy treats all day, but this year I would like to make them a little healthier. I will still probably eat more than I should, but at least I won't feel so terrible about what I'm shoveling in.

So first recipe that I am creating for our Superbowl Potluck at work are these No Bake Twix Bars. Ok these aren't healthy but I never eat more than one since I bring them for my co-workers. The ingredients in this recipe intrigue me...plus it looks pretty darn simple. I'll get a snapshot of them and post it later. Try not to lick the screen.

After pouring over recipes in my binder I came up with this menu:

(I use my Kroger Creamy Italian instead of mayo. I also only use 1/4 cup dressing, 1/2 C cheese, and I use TJ's Spicy Flax Seed Torilla Chips)
(I do not use the mexi-ranch dipping sauce, and I plan on using healthy tortillas and making them a little smaller than the regular portions)
Single Serve Monkey Bread served with banana soft serve using my Yonanas machine.

So if I went totally bonkers all day my calorie intake would look like this:

4 Pigs in a Blanket = 134 calories
Mexican Corn Salad, 1 cup = 335 calories (I know right?)
1 Fajita Rollup = 493 calories
1 Monkey Bread + banana ice cream = 230 calories

That equals 1192 calories. That could seriously be worse. I'm sure I will burn off a few of those from dancing in my kitchen since I will have those Madonna tunes going. It is scientifically impossible not to dance when a Madonna song is on.



Tune in to American Idol on 2/2 to see Madge's video for her new single, Gimme All Your Luvin' featuring Nicki Manaj!

It's nice that there are still things in life that get me this excited. :)

What is on your menu? Are you a football lover or do you tune in for the commercials? You going to VOGUE during the show? Come on...you can do it for me!

Even though this isn't a complete meal plan for the week, I'm still linking this to http://www.orgjunkie.com/ for the menu plan Monday since this is about all of the planning I could handle this week which also explains my lateness. You could use any of these for a meal during the week which is also why I shared. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment