Monday, February 6, 2012

Menu Plan Monday-Let The Activities BEGIN


With the exception of dance once a week, I've had a nice long break from running kids to daily activities. That is about to end, my friends. One of my daughters just picked up swimming and my stepdaughter starts her swimming this week and soccer will be soon following. Hard to believe. Things are about to change up in here.

I really, really, really, really need to simplify my time in the kitchen for a while. I have been going to PT twice a week which means I am working longer hours plus add in the activities and trying to take care of myself due to my physical issues. I have been feeling a bit better which is better than feeling terrible 100% of the time.

I am actually recruiting my husband to help me in the kitchen for a while. At least on certain nights. It's just not possible for me to work full-time and take care of myself and the kids and the house. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not a failure if I need some help.

So here we go.

Monday-swimming & swimming so looks like a good night for a crockpot meal. I tried this Zesty Chicken Marinara recently and it was very easy and very good. Everyone loved it!

Tuesday-S&S&D-this is an all nighter so I will be taking food to go. I plan on taking a wrap with leftover chicken and some of this mexican corn salad that I made up for the Superbowl. The kids will eat out.

Wednesday-My little cousin's birthday party...meal time is covered!

Thursday-Flat Out Pizzas...I'm making mine with a mix of peppers, red, green, yellow & orange. Add jalapenos and red pepper flakes...yum!

Friday-It's just me and the hubby. I'm going to use up the rest of my tomatoes and peppers to make these grilled cheese sandwiches. I'll use up the rest of our chips & salsa and call it a night.

Saturday-we were invited to a small group for church so I am going to take a batch of that vegetarian chili that I've been raving about. It was fabulous!

Sunday-you are on your own!

Hope you all have a great week. Please take care of yourself! Go visit http://www.orgjunkie.com/ for some help!

No comments:

Post a Comment