Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sharing My Smiles of the Week!

What is it about a good haircut that makes you feel like a million bucks? You don't even have to look in the mirror to feel that fabulous feeling it gives you. I've obsessed over my hair before...but this time I just let my stylist do her thing. She had just taken a class from a gentleman who pretty much invented Aveda haircolor. She started telling me about this new blonde technique she just learned. She mentioned something about circles. She said it would be customized to my hair and nobody else would have the same color. That's all it took for me...I said LET'S DO IT.

I love chatting with my girl, we love all of the same reality TV, pop culture, music...she is a few years younger than me but I still hold my own. Hairstylists really are amazing souls when you think of it. They not only pamper you and work hard to make you look and feel good, but they are also like a really good visit with a caring friend. These are ladies that stand all day, do head after head of hair, and still smile when they get to yours. It's quite an intimate relationship, as you let them touch you and you are trusting them with your biggest and best accessory...your hair!

So anyway, I wanted to share my updated hair since it brought me so much joy today. With my birthday just days away, everyone could completely forget to acknowledge me and I would still feel awesome. THAT'S how great my hair is.

Now you know I won't be able to make it look like this, but I don't even care. This is all about that fabulous color!



I have no clue how she got those curls in there like that. I'm pretty sure it involved a very expensive curling iron!


I love the dark underneath...I've been obsessing over a hair color job I saw on my fave site Sea of Shoes that the cute little redhead posted of her sister...this is similar but blonde on top instead of underneath!


I'm not used to curly hair...but she wanted to show her skills! I should've throw on a bit of lipstick!


Me at home hanging out. I rarely take pics of myself. I swear this is like catching a Sasquatch. That's how much I love these bangs. I mean seriously check out that color! So cool.

Hope I didn't go on and on but I gotta tell ya, I haven't been feeling to great as of late and this really gave me a boost. Every girl needs a boost every now and then. Never underestimate the power of hair!

One more thing happened this week that lifted my chin just a bit...remember when I shared my love of the Oscars here? I won the Oscar contest at work! 2 hours off and my own little man!





I am taking tomorrow OFF...just for fun! Why not make this great week even better! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment