Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Leftover Taco Spaghetti

I had some leftover taco meat one day and instead of using it for chili in the crock like I usually do, I decided to make taco spaghetti instead. I had all of the ingredients on hand, and I figured hey it's taco meat and pasta how bad can it be?

So I gathered up some stuff that I thought would taste good together.


Spaghetti noodles, leftover taco meat, a big jar of Prego, 2 cans of El Pato tomato sauce (spicy!), and a can of tomato paste. Now the reason you see two boxes of spaghetti and a big ole jar of Prego is because this is too spicy for my kids, and my hubby would probably cry if I put a plate of spaghetti in front of him without anything but marinara sauce on it. I am making a batch for them, and a batch for me. The leftovers will go in my new lunch crock which I will post about later. :)




So you want to throw in your meat, and add the sauces. I added about 1/4 of that big ole jar of Prego (or whatever you have on hand) to this, and about a 1/4 of the tomato paste as well. If I would've had some Rotel tomatoes I probably would've added them too. It's all about personal taste.




Let it simmer through a bit...it smells fantastic! While you are waiting look around to see if there is anything else you want to add...



Like a cup of frozen corn! I love that sweet little snap of corn in a spicy dish. My husband had a full on tantrum just watching me do this to the sauce.



Throw some over some noodles and dinner is DONE. This took less than 1/2 hour from start to finish...and it was fabulous. You could throw a little cheese on top, or this would be so tasty scooped up with tortilla chips. Maybe next time...;)



No comments:

Post a Comment