Sunday, March 4, 2012

Menu Plan Monday-Birthday Week!


Yep today is my birthday! I usually try and act like it's no big deal but if I was going to be real about it I would tell you that I do think it's a big deal. I love to honor my family members on their birthday and it makes me feel so special when someone remembers me on mine.

Don't forget to take advantage of some of the "free" birthday deals for your birthday! A few of my faves that I'm definitely hooking myself up with is a free meal at Hu-Hot, a free burger from Fuddrukkers w/purchase of another, (e-mailed to me from being signed up on their sites) and my birthday gift from Sephora for being a V.I.B member).

This year they gave me a Fresh Sugar lip duo! I also received everything below FREE by ordering online and using codes that I find on http://www.retailmenot.com/. I also had points in my beauty bank and got a deluxe sample of mascara. See that little Bare Minerals set? It has deluxe samples of their prime time primer, bare mineral foundation in my color, and a tiny kabuki brush! This will be perfect for my trip to Disney! With the exceptions of the Fresh lip duo and the Bite lip balm, everything else is going on my Freebie stash that I use for travelling that I posted about here.


So far from my family I have received an Iphone case, a new travel neck pillow, some body wash and a loofah, pajamas, a GC for a pedicure, a GC for Starbucks and some cash. My family is so thoughtful!

So here we are hanging out at home, me making my menu plan while we watch Puss in Boots. Next-Moneyball! It's hard to find PG movies nowadays to watch with the kids and I love watching movies together.

Some of my friends like to take me out for lunch during my birthday week, so I'm not going to be needing heavy dinners. Although my kids might be a little hungrier than me, so I'm going to cater to their little appetites this week. I'm making a run to Costco to get a big package of chicken for them as that seems to be all they ever want to eat!

Monday-Crockpot Lasagna-*family fave*-My kids are used to pasta on Mondays since I do try to make it meatless. This recipe is a home run. The only variation I make is I only use one tub of ricotta cheese instead of two. I don't want to cook on my birthday so my good ole crockpot is going to do it for me.

Tuesday- Panko Chicken Nuggets with Garlic Mashed Potatoes in the PC Rice Cooker (recipe to come!)

Wednesday-Healthy Chicken Parm with Green Salads

Thursday-Leftover Baked Chicken Wraps-Ok I just made that up. But I'm going to use my leftover baked chicken, cut it up and put it in a wrap. I'll let the kids add their own veggies (leftover from the salad) and cheese. Fast & fabulous.

Friday-*My Favorite*-Spicy Cajun Chicken Pasta-the kids will be gone so I'm making this for me and my hubby. I will be posting the recipe this week! This one is restaurant worthy!

Saturday-*Date Night*-We are going out to eat-using one of my free meals above! I'm also dying to see the movie Wanderlust and I'm dragging Nick along. Can't wait!

Sunday-Frozen Food Buffet!

Do you menu plan? If not, or if you are looking for new ways to jazz up your menu, head on over to http://www.orgjunkie.com/ for some great ideas!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great menu for the week! I'm a new follower from Super Stalker Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your name there but hey! I thought that was me! LOL!! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. happy birthday! way to take advantage of all the free birthday goodies!

    following via super stalker :)
    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being stalked! LOL...free stuff is already cool, but add a birthday to that and it makes it feel fabulous! :)

      Delete