Sunday, March 18, 2012

Menu Plan Monday-Spring Break!


It's Spring Break for my kids this week. Since we are going to Disney in a few months, we aren't doing anything fabulous this week...but when you are as busy as my little family is, doing nothing is the ultimate break. I think I'm going to take a little break from anything that needs a lot of time and/or clean up. The weather has been so nice that I would like to spend the evenings outside instead of in the kitchen.

Oh and let's not forget that this week The Hunger Games comes to the theater AND Madonna's new album comes out!

Sounds like a fabulous week to utilize that fabulous crockpot of mine!

Monday-Spaghetti with marinara, garlic bread and a veggie salad

Tuesday-Southwest Steak & Potato Soup in the crockpot...I'll be posting this one later it is FABULOUS.

Wednesday-BBQ Chicken in crockpot with mashed potatoes in rice cooker...I'll post these recipes later too as they are so darn fast but super fabulous.

Thursday-I'm going to shred the leftover BBQ chicken for sandwiches with corn on the cob.

Friday-I will throw in our fave Tombstone pizza...with the time I save I will be making banana ice cream for dessert!

Saturday-Let's go out! (I still one a birthday freebie to redeem!)

Sunday-Freezer Potluck or Leftover Buffet

Are any of you going to see The Hunger Games this week? I'm taking my girls to the midnight show! I love midnight showings...they have such an amazing energy to them. Everyone there is an unapologetic fan and I love it. There is a camaraderie in the air that is quite contagious! It's kind of the same feeling when you go Black Friday shopping...you know people think you are nuts but it's fun to be nuts together.

Do you have anything you are fanatic about or anyone thinks you are a nut about? I'd love to hear!

I'm linking up to Menu Plan Monday at http://www.orgjunkie.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment