Thursday, July 19, 2012

Flat Out Pizzas

You know those nights when you are running the kids around for after school activities, and you only have a small window of time for dinner and you really don't want to hit the drive-thru again, but instead want to make a frugal, healthy meal in minutes? Since that is the dream of every working mom out there you raise the white flag and try not to cringe as you hand your kids their meal in a box.
Sorry for the ramble...I tend to get dramatic when I feel busy and overwhelmed and underfed. :)

This isn't some ground-breaking recipe or anything, but it sure has made me and my family happy on many busy nights...and with the addition of a few healthier ingredients, it's about as healthy as you can get for pizza. My hubby was just saying last night how much he enjoys them.

So here is my little fast/frugal/healthy recipe for pizza for a busy night. Or on a night where you are craving naughty pizza!

First get yourself some Flat Out Wraps. They come in many varieties and are not only whole grain, but low in calories too! Of course you need some pizza sauce, (leftover spaghetti sauce works really good too!) your choice of cheese, (leftover taco cheese and meat work really good too!) and whatever else personifies a good pizza to you.


I keep frozen peppers and pineapple on hand just for these pizzas. Turkey pepperoni is a must!



First I get my veggies, pineapple and jalapenos going with a little coconut oil. You are basically just heating these through, but you can get a little color on them if you work with them a bit.



Get out your Flat Out Wraps and get some pizza sauce on them. I like a lot as you can see.



The pizza on the right is my daughter's. She likes pepperoni ONLY. I like lots of stuff on mine.



What I love about these is you don't have to use very much cheese at all. If you use the Kraft cheese with a touch of Philadelphia in it, they do melt a little nicer.



I like to top mine off with some hot red pepper!




This is 5 minutes in a 450 degree oven. Yummy right?




Throw some fresh fruit on your plate or a quick side salad and dinner is done! Because of the fiber in these, one will really fill you up and will kick that pizza craving right out of ya.

Dude! Is that delivery? LOL

Enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. we love pizzas over here and were just talking about how we should make our own! thanks for this!!

    [oomph.]
    Win a $50 giftcard to PLNDR

    ReplyDelete