Monday, July 9, 2012

Menu Plan Monday



Hello everyone! I've been gone for a bit but life gets hectic sometimes and you just have to roll with it. My sister-in-law and I had a garage sale for a few days in this wacky heat which of course took up a chunk of time. It was extremely successful so we were really happy we did it! I didn't take pictures like I should have, but I still might do a post of garage sale tips.

It's summer in Iowa which means we do a lot of grilling out and sweet corn and fresh veggies and fruit. I had my first tomato sandwich yesterday and it just screamed summer! I stopped at a local corner stand and bought some tomatoes, corn, and some peaches. So delicious!

Here is what I have lined up for my family this week. You might even see a few of these posted later. :)

Monday-Hamburgers on the grill garnished with tomatoes, onion, and lettuce. Oh and of course sweet corn on the cob and some delicious strawberries for dessert.

Tuesday-Cavatelli Sandwiches. My kids LOVE these! Served with fresh veggie salads.

Wednesday-Grilled Chicken, sweet corn on the cob and watermelon! (OH sweet watermelon how I love thee!)

Thursday-Flat Out Pizzas

Friday-spaghetti or my hubby will faint.

Saturday-Date Night! :)

Sunday-Crockpot BBQ Chicken, mac & cheese & more watermelon!

My tummy is grumbling from writing this post. Are you looking for some dinner inspiration? Check out www.orgjunkie.com for some awesome ideas!


2 comments:

  1. I'm popping in for a visit from Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.
    We love fresh veggies and fruit. While living in San Diego we were able to shop at various farmers markets throughout the week. It definitely isn't that way living in Las Vegas but we try.
    You have a delicious menu planned.
    I hope you continue to enjoy the summer in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Farmer's Markets are always so much fun! We have quite a few here being Iowa and all. :)

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete