Friday, November 2, 2012

Prize Finds

Hello! How have ya'll been? I know I've been gone for a while and I apologize for that. I was in my little cocoon I go in sometimes...I've emerged and I'm ready to flutter around a bit.


 
Me. Cocoon-ing.


With the weather getting a little cooler we are coming to the end of one of my favorite seasons...garage sale season! I love to garage sale and thrift. So much that it started to be sort of a problem. I had trouble leaving a "prize find", as I would call it, behind. I figured if I couldn't use it I sure knew someone else that could. Or there are those things that you think you will use, upcycle, re-paint, etc., only to end up back in my "to Goodwill" basket.

I did come up with a nice solution for this thanks to Instagram. I find that if I take a picture of the "prize find" that is not necessary in my life, I snap a little picture of it and post it, it gives me the same satisfaction somehow.

 
Like these really cool glasses. I have kind of a glass obsession.
 
 
 
 
Or this cute little print that was still in the package. Kissin' Don't Last-Cookin' Do.
 
 
Once I add the filter to make it look a little cooler and post it I feel creatively satisfied. Try it! It'll not only save you some money, but it will save you a lot of space in your house. I'm sortakinda a hoarder. No flat dead cats anywhere yet.
 
 
I'm going to share a few of the things that I have found lately. Since it's one of my fave things in the world to do, why not incorporate it in to my blog.
 
Enjoy!
 
 
These are on the top of my list of fave finds. From the 70's!
 
 
 
 
Didn't we all own these when we were little?
 
 
 
 
I know, right??
 
 
 
 
 
I am a huge Simpsons fan and I got this near mint Homer for 25 cents! He's going on my desk at work to keep me happy.
 
 
 
Found this awesome leather checkbook cover at a garage sale for 50 cents.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Not a fan of pictures of myself, which is why this one is so far away and heavily filtered. But I bought this lightweight yellow Banana Republic hooded cardy from Goodwill. Perfect for church!
 
 
 
Back view.
 
 
 
The sleeve which I love. I'm kind of obsessed with sleeve landing.
 
 
 
 
 
So there you have it. I am soooo much better about not buying everything in sight.
 
I think this will be a regular feature in my blog...what I found/bought. :)
 
Have a wonderful weekend!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment